St. Sebastian’s College, Kandana, which has a proud history of nearly a century, was opened in 1920 nearby St. Sebastian’s Church of 40 students. On Sunday, July 22, 1979, the school’s history was transformed into another tract of land adjacent to St. Sebastian’s College, where high school students from grade 6 could study.
The school had a total of 170 early grade students and the staff of the school comprised 11 teachers. In the 1980s, the A / L classes began with the Arts stream, and the Commerce and Science stream began later. St. Sebastian’s Senior School and St. Sebastian’s Primary School, which were two schools since 01/01/2007, were merged into one administrative structure.
Renowned as one of the most popular schools in the area, the school has been revived as St. Sebastian’s College. by Fr. A.R.S. Hemantha Fernando.
The number of teachers is currently around 85 and has achieved remarkable achievements in both academic and extracurricular activities.
|Name of the School||WP/ NEG/ St. Sebastian’s College|
|Address||WP/NEG/ St. Sebastian’s College , Kandana|
|School Type||1 AB Provincial 1-13 Boys|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
|School Development Account Number||175-100170014723|
|Grama Niladari Division||Nadurupitiya|
|Number of Students||2007|
|Number of Teachers||85|
|Principal||Fr. A.R.S.H. Fernando|